Monday 8 July 2019

3 Ways to Wear Paper Bag Shorts this Summer

As we transition into summer I've started to think about investing in a few new pieces for my wardrobe.  I love checking out the the shops at the being of a season to see what they have to offer from their latest collections come in.  A particular trend I've seen in stores recently are paper bag shorts.  I've always been a little sceptical about this paper bag shorts as I have wide hips and this style tends to make me look wider than I actually am.  However, when I tried a few pairs on in H&M, I was pleasantly surprised and found that not only did they fit me really well but they also didn't make my hips look wider.  If anything, they extenuated my waist.  Plus, another fantastic thing about their shorts is that most of them seem to have pockets, which I love!

I've put together 3 looks which are versatile and I can wear on holiday but can still wear throughout the rest of the summer.  It's become really important to me to choose pieces that suit me and will be staples in my wardrobe for a long time.  Over the last few years I've been building up a capsule wardrobe and defining my style to reduce the amount of clothes I am buying and I think these pieces will fit in perfectly (more on how I created my capsule wardrobe coming in another blog post so stay tuned!).  Here's my guide to shorts this summer and how I will be wearing them.

The first look is something I'd wear on those days when I'm meeting friends, running errands, shopping etc when I want to look casual but put together at the same time.  These linen blend shorts are perfect for wearing day-to-day.  The light, loose fabric makes them super comfy and doesn't feel like they are clinging to you body.  They look lovely teamed with a linen blend shirt, some bright white trainers and a shopper.  The paper bag waist and tie belt adds that little touch of deal that makes the whole outfit look smarter yet keeps it feminine.



My second look is also a casual outfit but one that I can on days to beach on holiday but can also be worn back home on a casual day walking my dog or having a BBQ in the back garden.  I love denim shorts and they're a staple item that can be worn over and over again.  They're easy to styled in many different ways, paired with a strappy top or with an off-the-shoulder jumper if it's a chillier day.

From left to right: Straw Bag (Beige), £14.99 | Denim Paper Bag Shorts (Denim Blue), £9.00 (in the sale)  |  | Off-the-shoulder Jumper (White), £14.99 | Straw Hat (Beige/Pink), £9.99 | Fringed Sandals (Brown), £17.99 | Tie-detail Strappy Top (Natural White), £8.99 | all H&M

My last look is probably my favourite.  This summer, H&M have created a collection in a beautiful blue and white jungle print fabric.  It comes in different styles, from jersey bodies to button-front dresses but, off course, I was drawn to the paper bag shorts.  These shorts are so versatile and could be worn in the daytime with some sandals but could also be worn dressed up with heels and a blazer for an evening night out.



If you want to check out the range of paper bag shorts H&M have in store and online this summer click here.

What are your favourite trends for spring/summer 2019?  What key pieces have you bought this summer?  Did you find this post helpful?  I'd love to hear from you!  Leave a comment down below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig