Sunday 28 July 2019

A Capsule Wardrobe for Summer

Slowly each season I've been putting together a capsule wardrobe & building up pieces which I consider to be "essentials".
Last week I wrote a guide on how to create a capsule wardrobe.  This method has helped me figure out what works for me, what doesn't, and what I actually need to buy - as well was what I don't actually need.  Another great benefit of a capsule wardrobe is it has made decision making in the morning much more simple, meaning I can be ready in minutes.  Now it's hard for me to have days when I'm not feeling inspired by my clothes.
Something that goes hand in hand with a capsule wardrobe, off course, is what items of clothing to buy.  You may have read my last post and now be thinking, "OK, creating a capsule wardrobe is a good idea - but what pieces do I need to make a capsule wardrobe?".  Over the next year I'll be starting a series of posts, where I'll be sharing my idea of what pieces should be in a capsule wardrobe by season.  In this post, I'm going to look at Summer and what things I think should be invested for a summer wardrobe.  Then throughout the next year I'll be sharing offering my advice for Autumn, Winter & Spring.  Things might seem a bit samey as some pieces I consider a staple item all year round but it will demonstrate how some items really do make a good investment piece.

Here’s my recommendations for a Summer capsule wardrobe:
Clothing from top to bottom: Linen Top (Dark Blue), £12.99, H&M | White Cotton Organic Roll Sleeve T-Shirt (White), £6.99, New Look | Fine-knit Cardigan (Dark Blue), £8.99, H&M | Blue Split Front Denim Pencil Skirt (Denim Blue), £22.99, New Look | Off White Long Sleeve Blouse (Off White), £19.99, New Look | Bell Shaped Cotton Skirt (White/Lemons), £39.99, H&M | Fine-knit Jumper (White/Dark Blue Stripe), £8.99, H&M | Casual Shirt (Chambray), £24.00, Next | Long Jacket (White), £24.99, H&M | Soho Skinny Jeans (Medium Blue), £17.99 (in sale), Mango | Blue Bleach Wash Denim Jacket (Bright Blue), £26.99, New Look | Paper Bag Shorts (Dark Mauve/Chambray), £10.00 (in sale), H&M | Basic Super High Waist Trousers (White), £17.99, Stradivarius | White Frill Sleeve Skater Dress (White), £35.00, Pretty Little Thing | Jersey T-Shirt (White/Spotted), £6.99, H&M | Pale Pink Pleated Midi Skirt (Pale Pink), £22.99, New Look | Yellow Disty Floral Wrap Playsuit (Yellow), £20.00, Pretty Little Thing

Accessories from top to bottom: Wedge-heel Sandals (Powder Beige), £22.99, H&M Sunglasses (Brown/Tortoiseshell-Patterned), £5.99, H&M | Shopper (Grey), £6.00 (in sale), H&M | 2 Part Block Heels (Light Brown), £19.99, New Look | Leather Belt (Dark Brown), £12.99, H&M | Footbed Sliders (Rose Gold), £18.99, New Look | Lizzie Bow Slingback Ballet Flats (Blush), £22.00, ASOS | Small Shoulder Bag (Metallic Pink), £17.99, H&M

These are some outfits to show you how I would style up my chosen pieces:



Are there any pieces I've missed out?  Do you have an essential items of clothing that are a must for your Summer wardrobe?  I'd love to hear from you!  Leave a comment down below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig