Tuesday 14 April 2020

Easy Go-To Chunky Guacamole

prep time 10 mins      total time 15 mins      serves 8

I made a batch of chili this week so I decided to make a side of guacamole to go with it.  Recipes for guacamole vary so much, changing in both the ingredients and also the consistency.  I love chunky guacamoles and there's a great guacamole recipe I want to share with you!
I've always loved making my own guacamole because I like to tailor it to my taste buds.  I like to add in lots of lime juice and coriander.  For me, that makes the flavour really immense and yes, I'm one of those people who loves coriander. 
Guacamole goes well with literally anything. I love it with tortilla chips as a snack but I also like it with chili, on a burger, and with fajitas of course! It’s become one of my favourite dips to have on the side or with a snack.  I could eat an entire bowl of guacamole in one sitting...don't judge! 
Avocados are one of my favourite superfoods!  They are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. I like to try and include them in meals whenever I can.


So here's how I make my chunky guacamole;
3 Hass avocados
1/2 red onion
1 tomato
Juice from 1 lime
Handful of coriander
1tsp cumin
Pinch of salt

1. Halve and stone the 3 avocados, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash.  You want to mash it just a little so the avocado is still a little chunky.
2. Squeeze the juice from one lime in with the avocado.
2. Finely chop the red onion, tomato and coriander and add to the mix.
3. Lastly, season with the cumin and a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
4. Chill until ready to eat.

Notes:
* This goes great with as a snack with tortilla chips.
* Why not try this with fajitas or chili con carne.

It's as simple as that!  Why not try it yourself!




What do you love having guacamole with?  Do you prefer smooth or chunky guacamole?  What ingredients do you love to add to yours?  Also, coriander - yes or no?  I'd love to hear from you!  Leave a comment down below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig