Thursday 29 November 2018

My Cosy Night Favourites


The weather in Bogota has been very cold lately, filled with a lot of rain. When the weather's like this I much prefer to stay nice and warm inside. I've become very fond of spending cosy nights in at home. I think it's important to set the mood to get so you can relax more. I love getting into some comfy pyjamas & snuggling under the blankets with a cup of tea & some biscuits.

Here are some of my favourites to help me enjoy a cosy night in.

No. 1
COMFY LOUNGE WEAR

                          
Firstly, I love to get into some comfy lounge wear.  This just helps make me feel all snug.   You can find some of the best lounge wear on the high street this time of year.  During wintertime, the high street sell super cosy ones that are made of soft fabrics, such as, soft fleeces & cottons which make you feel so snuggly when you're wearing them.

These are some of my favourite lounge wear pieces available on the high street at the moment.  I love little fleece pyjama tops & these have been my favourite things to buy.  They're great for wearing around the house with leggings when you want something comfy to wear but don't want to spend the whole day in your pyjamas.
















From left to right: Fleece Long Sleeve Pyjama Top (Grey), M&S, £18 | Pyjama Top & Bottoms (Light Grey Marl/Roses), H&M, £19.99 | Supersoft Hooded Long Sleeve Dressing Gown (Grey Mix), M&S, £28 | Furry Slippers with Crossover Straps, Oysho, £17.99 | Above: Bird Print Short Sleeve Pyjamas (Blue), Next, £18

No. 2
SCENTED CANDLES

I like to set the mood by lighting some fragrant candles.  For candles, I really like the brand Jo Malone, my favourite being the lime, basil and mandarin scent. However, they can be on the rather for the pricey side, costing £67 for the standard 200g size. If you don't want to pay these prices, a great alternative are the luxury candles from Aldi. They offer some beautiful fragrances and leave your home smelling lovely. They are also super cheap at £3.99 290g.
                              
                                   
                                 
                         





From left to right: Blackberry Bay Glass Candle, Aldi, £3.99 | Velvety Rose Glass Candle, Aldi, £3.99 | Peony Blush Glass Candle, Aldi, £3.99 | Lime, Basil & Mandarin Glass Candle, Aldi, £3.99 | Above: Lime Basil & Mandarin Home Candle, Jo Malone, £67

No. 3
TEA

                       
One thing that's always a necessity for me is having a wide selection of teas in my cupboard so it goes without saying that a good cup of tea is an essential for me when I'm having a cosy night in.  In general, I usually drink green tea and will reach for this blend on a regular basis but sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous I like to pick out another blend just to mix it up a little.  These are a few of my favourites below.

From left to right: Clipper Sleep Easy Tea (20 bags), £2 | Pukka Mint Matcha Green Tea (20 sachets), £2.80 | Twinings Spicy Chai Tea (50 bags), £2.50 | Twinings Lemon & Ginger Tea (20 bags), £1.70 | Pukka Vanilla Chai Tea (20 bags), £2 | Above: Clipper Pure Green Tea (20 bags), £1.70 (all available at most supermarkets)

No. 4
A GOOD BOOK

As much as I love to sit down & watch a film, I also love reading a good book.  There's something about a book that transports you to another world & relaxes you.

There are a few book reads piling up on my list to read.  In particular, I really want to read 'The Husband's Secret' by Liane Moriarty (the same writer of Big Little Lies).

These are just some of the books I have on my 'too read' list;









                       



From left to right: Surprise Me, Sophie Kinsella, Amazon, £5.59 | Flawed, Cecelia Ahern, Amazon, £5.75 | Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng, Amazon, £6.47 | Everything I Never Told You, Celeste Ng, Amazon, £6.27 | Above: The Husband's Secret, Liane Moriarty, Amazon, £6.49

No. 5

COSY BLANKETS

Something that always makes a differences and can't be left of my list is having a nice cosy blanket to snuggle up in on the sofa.  

I've seen so many nice ones on the high street recently, with wide varieties of textures including chunky knits, fleece and furry fabrics.  All great for snuggly nights in when the weather is cold.

Here are some of my favourites on the high street at the moment;

















From left to right: Super-Soft Pink Blanket, George, £12 | Catherine Landsfield Cuddly Throw, Next, £30 | Chunky Pom Pom Throw, M&S, £55-£69 | Sherpa Teddy Throw, The Range, £17.99 | Above: Meadow Deer Throw, John Lewis, £40


How do you like to unwind on a cosy night in? I'd love to know what you do to unwind, let me know in the comments below.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig